This is an introduction on how to use Chrono::PyEngine, that is Chrono::Engine for Python.
The Chrono::PyEngine Python module is an alternative way of creating applications based on Chrono::Engine that does not require any C++ programming. In fact, once you installed the Chrono::Engine Python module in your Python environment, you will be able to use the easy Python scripting language to call a big part of the Chrono::Engine API functions, classes, methods, etc.
Advantages of Python programming vs. C++ programming:
- Python is simple,
- Python can be interpreted on the fly,
- there are lot of third party modules for Python, for instance Matplotlib for plotting, Numpy for algebra, etc.,
- a minimal installation is required.
Disadvantages of Python programming vs. C++ programming:
- Python is slower than C++,
- the Chrono::Engine Python module does not cover all the features of the C++ API.
The idea is that, once installed, you can open your Python IDE, import the ChronoEngine Python module(s) and start creating Chrono objects as in the following:
You can find more information on how to use Chrono::PyEngine in its reference page.
Go to the tutorials for examples.