This is an optional unit that can be used to export scripts for postprocessing simulation data. For example, it can generate the .pov and .ini scripts to be used with the POVray rendering tool.
Read the introduction to modules for a technical background on the modularity of the Chrono::Engine project.
The POSTPROCESSING module is used to export data for batch rendering of animations etc.
Here are the main features:
- converts the ChVisualization assets that one has attached to rigid bodies into rendering primitives for POVray.
- uses the same ChVisualization assets that one can use for the real-time visualization with the Irrlicht interface
- allows the introduction of custom POV-specific statements
- the camera can be attached to moving objects
- contacts can be rendered in POVray as colored vectors and points
- create graphs using GNUPLOT.
- launches gnuplot automatically from c++
- creates .gpl scripts automatically from c++ with easy functions
- save plots on disk as .EPS or .PNG or other formats.
In future we plan to support also other type of rendering software, because the architecture of this system is not limited to POVray.
- To run applications based on this unit, there are no requirements. Note however that you may want to
- To build applications based on this unit there are no requirements.
This unit corresponds to an additional DLL library, called ChronoEngine_POSTPROCESS.dll, that can be linked to your application if you want to use it. On Linux systems, the .dll suffix is .so.
- Repeat the instructions for the full installation, but when you see the CMake window, you must add the following steps:
- Set the
ENABLE_MODULE_POSTPROCESSas 'on', then press 'Configure' (to refresh the variable list)
- Press 'Configure' again, then 'Generate', and proceed as usual in the installation instructions.
When you will rebuild the project, you could find the demo_postprocess in the binary directory, among other default demos.