This is an optional module that enables template-based ground vehicle modeling and simulation within Chrono::Engine.
Read the introduction to modules for a technical background on the modularity of the Chrono::Engine project.
The VEHICLE module allows users to model and simulate vehicles.
Here are the main features:
- template-based definition of vehicles
- both tracked and wheeled vehicles
- different types of tire models
- finite elements, deformable
- different types of soil models
- use JSON for easy definition of models
- different types of suspensions
- rigid axle
- double wishbone
- driveline 1D primitives
- thermal engines
- planetary gears
- To run applications based on this module there are no requirements
- To build applications applications based on this module there are no requirements
- Repeat the instructions for the full installation, but when you see the CMake window, you must add the following steps:
- Set the
ENABLE_MODULE_VEHICLEas 'on', then press 'Configure' (to refresh the variable list)
- Press 'Configure' again, then 'Generate', and proceed as usual in the installation instructions.